Business Development Manager
Strategic Key Accounts Manager
UK / Europe
Professional / 07
Director of Sales & Marketing
At Fisher BioServices, we specialize in the management of critical biological materials in support for the advancement of cell therapy, high value biologics, and population-based public health research. We provide customized end-to-end chain of custody solutions for our large pharmaceutical clients and partners in academia and government, ensuring the integrity and efficacy of their valued material from the manufacturer to the bedside. Fisher BioServices is a brand of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, and member of the Clinical Trials Division. To learn more please visit www.fisherbioservices.com.
Position Summary: This position is within the Fisher BioServices business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Business Development Manager is responsible for managing the relationship of strategic accounts to drive profitable growth in accordance with the strategic plan, Annual Operating Plan (AOP), and goal tree. The role works closely with the executive sponsor and operations to ensure customer commitments are achieved. This includes the identification and development of service opportunities across the various groups within a large Pharmaceutical Company (Big Pharma) or other designated accounts deemed “key”, setting goals and developing the specific plans to meet these goals, and justifying the internal resources required to support the goal achievement. This position reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Assumes full ownership of the customer relationship (at various levels) for select high revenue, European customers of Fisher BioServices; develops and implements strategies that significantly grow key customer revenue, enhance the scope of service offerings, and improve profitability.
- Engages with Fisher BioServices, Fisher Clinical & Thermo Fisher executives on behalf of the customers where appropriate.
- Functions as a trusted executive advisor for strategic customer conversations.
- Leverages industry/business knowledge to develop innovative ideas and solutions for customers.
- Conceptualises and champions new services and expanded service offerings that address customers’ current and emerging needs; builds the business by broadening and deepening customer reliance on a range of global service offerings by Fisher BioServices.
- Provides “voice of the customer” within UK Fisher BioServices; provides leadership oversight, coaching and guidance to ensure that customer requirements are understood, customer commitments are met, quality standards are maintained, customer issues are resolved and customer relationships are strengthened. Recommends new processes aimed at improving the customer’s global service experience (e.g., speeding time to trial, eliminating redundancies, providing higher value service, etc.).
- Manages customer expectations and provides clear, ongoing communication and service updates (face-to-face communication, quarterly customer updates, weekly and monthly virtual updates).
- Communicates value of premium pricing to customers. Ensures that quality levels (which support premium pricing) are consistently high.
- Ensure the Leadership team is informed of all customer relationship issues, needs and developments.
- Organizes regular quality or service delivery review meetings that ensure operational performance standards are achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health care or related strongly preferred; advanced degree is a plus.
- Up to 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical services, life sciences, health care services or high tech.
- Clinical supplies/materials operations or clinical drug development experience required.
- Previous senior management experience and/or expertise in 2-3 key functional areas (finance, operations, sales, marketing, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and profitably grow large customer accounts.
- Basic understanding of ISO 9000 and EU GMP quality standards preferred.
- Willing to travel up to 50%
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join