Job Title: Account Manager, Chromatography
Location: Yorkshire and North East (Bradford, Durham, Darlington, Harrogate, Leeds, Sunderland, Cleveland, Wakefield, York )Requisition ID: 56685BR
Ensure sales quota set for the assigned territory is being achieved for the Chromatography based product lines, these product lines include GC, GC-MS, HPLC, LC-MS and Dionex IC technologies as well as the industry leading Chromeleon CDS software package. The products are utilized in both private and public sectors and across a wide range of industry segments. The role interfaces with other members of the sales team, application support specialists and technical service groups within the CMD division. In addition the role supports cross-selling activities with other Thermo Fisher divisions. Embrace & live 4I values.
• Deliver Annual Sales Plan for chromatography products within the designated territory in line with sales AOP as defined by product line sales management and agreed with UK Sales Manager.
• Develop and maintain a strong prospect pipeline in the territory. Responsible for identifying prospective buyers of Thermo Scientific Chromatography products and services within the defined geographical region. This activity will require a high level of business development seeking out new accounts within your defined territory as well as servicing of existing accounts.
• Expands market share for Thermo Fisher Scientific chromatography instruments in the region, with a focus on HPLC, IC, GC, GCMS, LCMS (single quad) and sample preparation products.
• To negotiate contracts and close orders with end users and purchasing departments and supports all procurement processes.
• Maintain and regularly enter accurate and complete customer data and sales project information into the company sales database (SFDC).
• Provide accurate timely monthly sales forecasts to sales management
• Be able to clearly identify and interpret customer’s requirements, shape and align their requirements to Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities and apply Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions to the customer’s needs and effectively communicate these to customers.
• Exchange Account Information and Sales Leads within and across Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial divisions
• Attend and support through technical and business presentations, when required, trade shows, user meetings, customer seminars and other customer events.
• When required, assist in the yearly planning of the future financial performance of the Company by providing insight into the prospects for growth in your own territory.
• Work cooperatively and effectively with your immediate colleagues in the Thermo Fisher Scientific Sales and Service groups as well as with other Thermo Fisher Scientific colleagues to ensure at all times a high level of customer satisfaction with our products and services.
• Consistently achieve or exceed order bookings objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
Education and Experience:
• Degree level qualification in a scientific discipline preferably Chemistry
• Relevant experience in a sales or marketing environment be it capital analytical equipment sales/marketing or a consumables environment. Alternatively a candidate with no sales experience but someone with a strong commercial awareness and a good knowledge of Chromatography would be considered.
• A broad familiarity of the following industries: Pharmaceutical, CRO, Environmental, Food/Flavors, Clinical, Toxicology, Forensics, and Chemical Industry.
• Ability to identify new target accounts each year and be able to develop and execute territory plans.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
• The position requires the ability to travel within your defined geographical area and on occasions to facilities across Europe
• The ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral.
• A good level of interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills
• Must reside within assigned Territory
• Ability to travel
• Hold a valid Irish Driving license
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Recruiter: Alverina Corion, email@example.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join