Sunnyvale, CA (or Remote)
The Product Manager will be an integral part of our Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) Product Management team supporting our Sunnyvale, CA office. This person will focus on Liquid Chromatography Mass Spec workflow specific activities such as competitive analysis and definition of new competitively differentiating software features. This individual will have a unique opportunity to offer insights and solutions to provide significant Chromeleon contributions and success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide product management support throughout software development process: market research, product conception, requirements definition and refinement, review of Engineering specifications, design reviews, product evaluation, & product launch.
• Provide design inputs from lab chemist's perspective to help software engineers better understand customer requirements.
• Serve as technical expert on Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LCMS) instrument control and LCMS workflows within Chromeleon, providing day-to-day support to employees and customers to meet needs of Marketing, Sales, Service, Engineering, and Manufacturing departments.
• Prepare internal sales training materials & provide product training to employees as needed to maintain their competence on the software at appropriate levels.
• Perform competitive analyses as assigned; assess strengths & weaknesses of competing products from customer perspectives. Keep generally well informed about products, tactics, & activities of competing software suppliers.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with Chromeleon Chromatography Data System (CDS) or a competitive product.
- Minimum 5+ years with LCMS workflows, software and instrumentation
- Requires Bachelors Degree, in Chemistry, or software/informatics, or related discipline. Advanced degree in Marketing, Science, or Information Technology preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex matrixed environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to travel up to 25% or as business needs dictate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective in collaborating with teams across the organization and globally.
- Ability to drive results through competing priorities and complexities
- Maintain high level of knowledge of overall Thermo Scientific Chromatography Products (IC, HPLC; GC, GC-MS, IC/LC-MS).
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- High level of competence with computers & office applications; some programming experience desirable.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join