Job Title: Sales Representative - Chromatography
Location: Wisconsin and Northern Michigan
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Sales Representative markets HPLC, Ion Chromatography, Sample Prep, and Gas Chromatography products in the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) to customers in the Wisconsin, excluding Milwaukee, and the UP of Michigan region. In addition to selling the product line, this individual provides customer support and manages the territory/customers as a business with responsibility for profit and revenue growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and interprets customers’ requirements, shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers.
- Serves as the focal point of the division’s contact with customers, a responsibility requiring a broad knowledge of the division and an attitude that is in tune with its goals.
- Functions as a business person, aware of and responsible to the conditions that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition – their products, pricing, procedures and personnel; of customers – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers.
- Responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them.
- Utilizes divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities.
- BS Degree in Chemistry/Physical Sciences, or equivalent required.
- 3+ years of professional business/lab experience, preferably selling analytical instruments or capital equipment.
- 3+ years with hands on experience supporting or running Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Ion Chromatography (IC) and/or Gas Chromatography (GC) instruments.
- Ability to achieve and exceed sales goals and quotas.
- Ability to travel throughout the territory as often as business needs dictate. (approximately 50%, including overnight travel)
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication.
- Effective time utilization.
- Flexibility and creativity.
- Accurate sales forecasting abilities.
- Effective “listener”.
- Customer focus.
- Positive image and mental outlook.
- Goal oriented.
- High level of integrity/credibility.
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism/suggestions.
- Handles pressure/disappointment professionally.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join