Focus on market and customer development
- Warm the market” prior to product launch to increase the adoption rate of this new technology via a range of tactics (industry events, seminars, social media, tradeshows, direct customer engagement, etc.)
- Contribute to the global marketing plan - how to enter the regional market successfully
- Help drive regional sales by creating pre-market awareness and promotion, product launch support.
- Engage in the customer experience to drive revenue, long term satisfaction, loyalty and retention.
- Support early adopters to enable a highly satisfactory solution based on factual evidence (ie: case studies). Leverage for prospective customers and cultivate top few as key opinion leaders.
- Enable the sharing of best practice sharing to further develop / enhance the value proposition. Identify customers emerging needs.
Represent local market expertise
- Know the local market trends and modify the global marketing plan accordingly. Understand unique differences between areas within the region (ie: North vs. South).
- Provide input to pricing and the development of ROI tools. Understand tender requirements locally.
- Drive region specific tactics that meet local business objectives and sales team needs (ie: product training or targeted promotional campaigns).
- Understand the competition and help develop resources (ie: landmines, lock out specifications) to maintain our leadership position and differentiation.
Develop strong product knowledge and focus on value from the customers perspective
- Allow strong product knowledge to support customer and sales team interaction. Be able to effectively conduct product presentation demo’s and use promotional tools with consistency. Be a role model and contribute to sales account strategy planning to enable their success.
- Understand the product features but have a keen focus on benefits and outcomes in line with the value proposition - how and why this product is better and makes a difference for labs and the customers they serve.
Superior execution of the Marketing plan
- Own marketing plan deliverables to deliver a high quality result on time
- Plan and prioritize activities to drive key strategies and tactics, while remaining flexible to meeting the short term needs of sales team and customers.
- Translate key learning’s, speak up, and make recommendations that continue to challenge and refine our plans and strategies for the best possible results.
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or Chemistry, Biology, Medicine required. Masters degree is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years experience in IVD Marketing in the Clinical Lab Segment required.
- Experience in IVD sales is preferred.
- Prior laboratory experience and/or understanding of LCMS technology is a plus.
- Demonstrated customer management skills
- Ability to work independently, a motivated self starter who is accountable for delivering results without daily supervision.
- Ability to travel frequently to customer sites and as needed to global Thermo Fisher Scientific corporate locations.
- Strong written and oral communication
- Demonstrated organizational skills (i.e. event management).
- Strong ability to influence others and manage corporate stakeholders (global team, sales and service leaders).
- Demonstrated team player that is accountable for owning actions and outcomes.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join