When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, FSI located in Oakwood Village, Ohio is seeking an experienced Import / Export Coordinator that is detail oriented, possesses strong customer service skills and is a change agent.
The import / export coordinator is responsible for processing for shipment all materials, goods and products shipped to our customers. Duties include packing and processing shipping paperwork with accordance to Thermo Fisher Global Trade Compliance standards.
- With minimum supervision work as a team member in a high activity environment.
- Familiar with electronic terms, instrument nomenclature and determining component values in accordance with specifications as spelled out on individual purchase and shipping orders
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares shipments in accordance with Department of Transportation, hazardous material handling, and international shipment rules and regulations.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Identify opportunities for duty refunds and savings including classification, valuation, trade programs, and duty drawback
- Generate compliance metrics for reporting within the department and to management
- Perform routine accurate data entry into the existing system and/or future systems.
- Performs inspections of items and documents being shipped
- Ensure accuracy of materials/products being shipped.
- May operate dolly and pallet forklift, in loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
- Ensures accurate inventory shipment by sorting, counting, packaging, labeling, and logging inventory which is shipped.
- May trace lost shipments and customer claims of lost shipments: initiates proof of delivery documents.
- Develop relationships with logistics carriers.
- Maintains a clean and safe work space.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of data entry and CRM/ERP systems
- Strong understanding of order transaction management
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong teamwork skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and provide high-level customer satisfaction
- Detail oriented
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2-5 years of experience in import/export and/or trade compliance
- Practice work safety at all times
- Get information needed to do the job
- Meet or exceed quality and quantity standards
- Keep work area clean and orderly
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join