When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We currently have an opportunity for high energy finance professional to fill a Sr. Finance Manager position at our Pleasanton, California location. This role will oversee the financial function for a key site at Pleasanton and a couple of other smaller sites to support the strategic vision and long term site financial commitments. This role is deeply involved in the annual planning processes and provides strategic and day-to-day support to operations and divisional leadership teams. Must have manufacturing experience e.g. BOMs, Material Variances, Cost accounting, cycle counting, inventory, physical counts, Value Engineering
Key Objectives of the role:
- · Partner with the business leaders to achieve the strategic vision for the site
- · Lead initiatives to ensure key operations metrics are timely, accurate, and meaningful to drive results.
- · Drive the plant planning process for annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, and strategic planning.
- · Drives solid understanding of cost structure/drivers and partners with the ops leadership team to drive productivity
- · Seeks opportunities for cost reduction, efficiency gains, contingency planning while balancing availability and quality goals.
- · Supports and manages monthly/quarterly analytics, reporting & forecasting.
- · Facilitates robust and transparent analytical processes, and communicates risks and opportunities timely along with appropriate steps for corrective action.
- · Supports development of annual operating plan and cost roll/margin move implications.
- · Supports financial modeling and analysis for key business initiatives (capacity expansions, PL transfers, site moves etc).
- Must have a BS/BA Degree in Finance/Economics or other related field from an accredited university
- Must have at least 7 years of professional finance experience
- Must have at least 4 years working in a manufacturing environment as a finance professional
- Must have experience working with BOMs, Material Variances, Cost accounting, cycle counting, inventory, and physical counts.
- Must have management or lead experience for at least 2 years.
- Must have strong FP&A skills
- Must have experience working with cross functional teams
- An MBA from an accredited university
- Experience working in BioSciences industry
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Experience working in a large company ($5 Billion plus)
- High energy and excels in a fast pace environment
- Value Engineering experience
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join