When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Senior Director, America's Customer Care - Life Sciences Group (LSG)
Requisition ID: 56032BR
Location: Grand Island, NY/Carlsbad, CA
Lead the Americas region (US & LATAM), multi-country/multi-site, customer service call center team of ~300 team members in a variety of strategic and day to day operational areas including, but not limited to, workforce management, quality assurance and training. The Customer Care Leader develops and directs the management of the Customer Care function to drive customer satisfaction and improved operational efficiency.
- Coach, inspire and lead team of Managers, Supervisors, Leads and Frontline Team Members.
- Own regional strategy input and execution of customer care initiatives.
- Lead for change initiatives throughout North/Latin America with focus on optimizing regional structure and growth initiatives.
- Identify revenue opportunity and partner with divisional sales leads on growth strategy.
- Lead for regional integration initiatives, responsible for building scalable solutions for future growth.
- Establish and implement performance standards and metrics.
- Evaluate and facilitate changes to business processes and workflow to deliver maximum productivity and effectiveness.
- Understand key market trends and implement improvement initiatives to build a world-class customer care function.
- Analyze and recommend cost-effective technology solutions.
- Plan and communicate changes in processes, policies, practices or procedures in a clear, concise and expedient manner throughout the organization.
- Build the human resources capability within the Customer Care organization, optimizing organizational design and functional excellence.
- Define, monitor, report and control the Americas Customer Care budget.
- Handle escalations and complex customer situations as needed.
- Ensure that the development of business systems and available technology is utilized to maximum effectiveness.
- Benchmark customer care operations and offerings against competitors and industry leaders.
- Interact with Senior Management on all service- related activities and matters to capture impact to Customer Care and end customers through business decisions.
- Partner with information technology to deploy systems-related projects in the Customer Care organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required- preferably business-related.
- Broad technology and commercial orientation with 15 years minimum experience in an industry leading high volume customer service organizations with senior management experience (leading managers of people).
- Proven track record of influencing and coaching senior leadership and executives on key matters.
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written).
- Must be able to travel 50% within region, with some international travel required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join