When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How Will You Make an Impact?
As a Staff Software Test Engineer, you will ensure the reliability and compliance of Thermo Fisher’s Software Products before their release to customers through validation and testing in accordance with the standards defined in the company’s Quality Management System.
What will you do?
- Analysis and development of testing material (Test plans, Test scripts, Test reports, etc.) primarily for Laboratory Information Management Software (LIMS) products but could include other Thermo Fisher Scientific products at different stages of the development lifecycle.
- Participation in the Testing activities (Test execution, Defect reporting, re-testing) during the development and prior to the release of any product.
- Configuration and testing of applications and instruments.
- When applicable use automated test tools for writing and managing testing activities.
How will you get there?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Proven experience in software testing within a structured environment.
- Experience in Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) or Chromatography Data Systems (CDS) is highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) preferred.
- Experience with HP Quality Center is a plus
- Experience with Automated Software Test, particularly Ranorex is a plus
- Sound Working knowledge of windows operating systems and MS Office applications.
- Strong written communications skills with the ability to produce marketable Validation Toolkits.
- Must be detail oriented with regard to problem analysis and solution.
- Must be able to manage own time to meet tight deadlines.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- ISEB certificate in Software Testing is a plus
This his position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join