When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Field and Safety Instruments (FSI), a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the leader in field based scientific instrumentation and radiation detection equipment. Our products are used by the military, law enforcement, pharmaceutical manufacturing and industrial clients in metal fabrication, mining exploration and consumer product safety. The business is currently recruiting for a Senior Systems Software Engineer.
- Development and support of embedded firmware, middleware, communications and other features for our scientific instruments.
- Develop software modules based on object oriented programming (OOP) techniques in C/C++
- Unit and system integration testing, including start-up, troubleshooting, and issue resolution.
- Interface effectively and collaboratively with global R&D team.
- Involvement in requirements management, specification creation and design reviews.
- Accountable for project deliverables, including product quality, and schedule integrity.
- Requires a BS Computer Science or equivalent work experience and 5 years’ experience in developing in an embedded environment (Windows & Linux), including all aspect form code generation, test, debuggers, through to documentation.
- Strong experience with C/C++ on Windows and Linux.
- Good understanding of RTOS and bare metal environment.
- Experience with communication protocols I2C, SPI, USB and BLE.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Ability to debug and isolate hardware issues
- Multi-processor and multi-thread experience
- Excellent communications skills
- 8+ years designing and developing in C/C++
- Experienced in firmware/software development for analytical instrumentation or similar market.
- Experienced with using benchtop test equipment, such as a logic analyzer and oscilloscope.
- Embedded Firmware (FPGA) experience.
- Java and C# Experience
- Existing (or ability to acquire) permission to enter U.S. government facilities, such as DOE.
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join