qPCR Sales Specialist
Primary objective is to grow qPCR consumables (Assays & Reagents) revenue across the country by executing on the qPCR Consumables Sales System through direct sales and joint selling activities with sales representatives in the Biosciences (BID) and Research & Safety (RSD) Divisions. The secondary objective is to generate sales leads for qPCR instruments working closely with the Genetic Analysis (GA) & Inside Sales organization.
- Consistently achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by applying a working knowledge of Professional, Consultative and Strategic Selling skills to maintain existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, and conducting cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships, at all levels within assigned accounts to influence purchasing decisions.
- Develop, maintain and execute a Strategic Business Plan for the assigned territory to demonstrate effective territory planning and management skills.
- Develop profiles of key accounts to identify key decision makers, influencers and opinion leaders.
- Maintain and increase current customer database through Company customer relations management software (Siebel CRM).
- Analyze and capitalize on territory opportunities with the greatest ROI. Communicate key competitive activities, trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities.
- Develop and implement account specific strategic plans with your partners (BID, RSD)
- Formulate and recommend pricing strategies for key accounts
· Expands BID/RSD qPCR Cons mindshare and value-add: Capitalizes on local marketing innovations (regional, country-level) to expand these programs within area-of-control. Provides RSD/BID sales reps with business planning and development consulting to ensure effective strategies
· RSD/BID Sell-Through Support: Provides technical coaching in the field when needed or on complex sales deal, facilitates responsive, real-time knowledge transfer between GSD and RSD/BID reps. Reviews RSD/BID marketing campaigns and plans to ensure accurate positioning and description of qPCR Cons products. Critically assesses qPCRs value propositions to ensure they speak to the interests and needs of RSD/BID reps or end-customers.
· Consistent Tool & Resource Utilization: Uses the tools, processes, and operational resources essential to improve and advance indirect sales. Helps partners develop or refine opportunity planning and mapping. Champions innovations that improve partner pipeline management, alignment with GSD’s forecasting systems, and reporting accuracy
· Organizational Collaboration – Collaborates effectively with BID, RSD, and GSD across Thermo Fisher to obtain sponsorship and support, resolve issues, and expedite selling. Applies knowledge of GSD’s management structure and matrix organization to solve problems. Expands internal networks, contacts and relationships to maintain selling effectiveness. Builds relationships to regional qPCR Cons reps counterparts to share information and promote and practice local/geography consistency.
· Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A Master’s or PhD degree is desirable.
· Must have scientific consulting acumen - demonstrates the highest level of product and technical knowledge across the high-end qPCR and its applications. Knowledge of other Genetic platforms valued.
· Sales acumen and Independent Driver - accomplished sales skills, can speak to competitive technologies and demonstrates value as a supporting partner in the pre-sales process, while also independently driving sales throughout all stages of the sales process to meet sales targets.
- Minimum of 3-5 years sales experience in Life Science preferred. Similar Field Application Support experience to be considered. Extensive knowledge of qPCR technologies required along with some next-gen sequencing knowledge as well.
- Knowledge of accounts in territory is preferred.
- Residence in specified territory is a must.
- People with great influencing skills, great sales rigor to get results through others
- Fluency in local language plus English is a must
- Availability for at least 50% travel
- Clear driving license
- People that succeed in our team share a certain phenotype. It’s in our DNA and the foundation of what makes us successful.
- We share a core mission. What we do matters and we can make a difference through the jobs we do.
- We thrive on competition. We need that energy, and enjoy the stress that comes with it.
- People and culture matters deeply. We celebrate diversity and teams. Fun is a critical element. We excel at working effectively across teams.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.