Responsible for supervising members of the U.S. direct sales Toxicology team for CDD and assuring the team achieves the annual growth goals. In addition, the Manager, Toxicology will execute the National Toxicology sales strategies and tactical plans for the team that will assure successful completion of the goals. The Manager, Toxicology will monitor team member’s performance to goal, analyze and be able to report on the team’s performance on a routine basis, and travel extensively to work and develop the individual reps. In addition, this role will have direct responsibilities for assigned major accounts to establish business contracts, conduct account activities and assisting in the evaluation of opportunities with major accounts.
This postion reports directly to the Director, Toxicology. Requiring excellent communcation, coaching, and sales skills. The position acts within the scope of company objectives and policies to accomplish the assigned goals.
- Communicates with assigned sales representatives on a regular basis to monitor account pipeline and assure core competency requirements are met.
- Communicate, strategize, plan and implement sales efforts with assigned Toxicology team members to assure quarterly and annual goals are achieved and exceeded.
- Continually helps to improve the company culture by practice and example to the 4”I” values of Thermo Fisher Scientific – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Responsible for the hiring, coaching, training, and mentoring of assigned sales representatives as well as all North American Toxicology sales representatives, including corrective actions if necessary through the Thermo Performance Management and Development program with assigned sales representatives.
- Works extensively with SFDC (Salesforce.com) CRM to manage customer account base and monitor reps sales performance and productivity.
- Work with sales representatives to create customer pricing strategies and proposals that assure growth and profitability.
- Responsible for developing major account relationships at the executive level for the purpose of expanding sales.
- Develops and conducts sales presentations and manages day to day account activities and development. Daily interactions with key account business decision makers, sourcing manager and technical managers.
- Has primary responsibility for sales in major accounts as assigned including pricing and contract terms with assigned customers.
- Acts as the primary interface between the company and major accounts.
- Develops a business plan for each major account; monitors and reports progress regularly and advises National Sales Manager of results.
- Interacts face to face with key business partners and negotiates potential business opportunities for the company, which is consistent with its long-term sales strategy.
- BA or equivalent
- 6 or more years of sales experience and a minimum of 2 years of direct sales supervision preferred with demonstrated success in the medical diagnostics or similar market.
- Ability to travel extensively and as needed. Minimum travel is >50%.
- Strong analytical skills that coincide with the ability to implement complex selling strategies and plans.
- Excellent communication skills for group presentations, customer sales presentations, and inter company written and verbal communications.
- Superior relationship-building ability.
- Proficient with SFDC CRM, Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Works independently and does not require constant supervision or direction and the ability to make competent decisions on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrated experience in working with financial reports, forecasting, and other key data reporting tools.
- Reports weekly and monthly to the Director, Toxicology on critical customer information, revenue target progress and team development progress.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: Proven successful sales and sales management experience. Must be able to show success with individually sales as well as managing a sales team to success.
- Ability to travel without limitation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for group presentations, customer sales presentations, and inter company written and verbal communications.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join