When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Field Service Engineer (Product Inspection)
Reports To: Northern Europe Service Leader
Career Band: 5
Job Track: Professional
Position Location: Midlands or North West preferred but will consider candidates from all mainland UK geographies.
- Installation, servicing and repair of instruments on customer sites.
- Provision of technical support as required by the customer, over the telephone and via email.
- Training customers in instrument operation and maintenance.
- Responsible for accurate inventory control of company property.
- Undertake training in related products to allow for expanded Service coverage. This includes checkweighers, metal detectors and X-Ray equipment.
- Maintain electronic records of service visits and other enquiries, and retain associated documentation.
- Work with other departments as well as external contractors to ensure customer needs are met with efficiency and professionalism.
- Comply with health and safety and ISO procedures at all times.
- Experience of service and installing electronic instrumentation and systems.
- The ability to read engineering drawings and circuit schematics.
- Testing and fault finding electronic and electro mechanical assemblies
- IT skills with experience of using Microsoft Office products.
- Full UK driving licence
- The ability to travel unrestricted throughout the EU and occasionally outside EU
- Willingness to travel around 75% of working time - travel will be predominantly UK based with approx. 1 trip per quarter in EU.
- HNC (Higher National Certificate) /HND (Higher National Diploma) or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline.
- Experience with servicing equipment in the food sector