Sr. Welder - 3rd Shift
Job ID :
US - North Carolina - Asheville
- Positions and clamps components of fabricated metal products prior to welding.
- Sets up and adjusts welding equipment as needed, changing tips, adjusting temperature, feed rates, gas flow, type of gases, etc.
- Welds metal parts together by applying proper welding procedures such as mig, tig, and resistance welding within design specifications.
- Lays out material and tack welds as needed.
- Performs a variety of metal finishing procedures such as grinding and buffing to prepare welded parts for painting or makes repairs as required.
- Visually inspects assembly for quality standards.
- Verifies dimensions and makes adjustments as needed to ensure proper fit and specified tolerances are maintained.
- Maintains proper Kanban levels for manufactured and purchased parts.
- Cross-trains and flexes within and outside of the department to other tasks as needed.
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
- High School diploma or GED required
- 3 Years of welding experience in a manufacturing environment, graduates of a certified welding program will be considered.
- Experience working in a team based, lean manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of Fabrication processes including Turret Press Operation, Laser Operation and/or Press Brake Operation would be a plus.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join