About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
About Materials and Structural Analysis Division(Formerly FEI Company)
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, we enable customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Check out these videos!
- Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- How to make a microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
- The installation of a Talos at the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group
This Talent Acquisition Specialist role provides leadership and expertise for acquiring and retaining talent that meets Thermo Fisher Scientifics needs. Partnering with Business Leaders to define workforce requirements and hire top talent you will develop regional strategic sourcing strategies and programs building talent pipelines for all levels and disciplines in the organization in cooperation with the Talent Acquisition Regional Lead. The role is stationed in Eindhoven, The Netherlands supporting our successful Materials & Structural Analysis Division (legacy FEI company). The successful candidate will also input to the localization of our employer brand ensuring candidates are aware of our growing organization and fantastic opportunities available.
Provide professional level support and service as a full cycle recruiter in the selection and hiring of highly qualified talent in complex technical environments, and further across the EMEA region and different groups as business requirements may dictate.
In conjunction with hiring managers in your client group, recruit, interview, screen and evaluate candidates. Coordinate direct sourcing and advertising (TA channels). There’s a strong focus on High Tech recruitment, with expertise exploring and deploying sufficient and innovative channels to accelerate business needs.
- Develop and maintain recruitment channels, traction and regulatory reporting as assigned. . Many of the jobs we hire for very technical/niche with small talent pools on the market so you can expect to be challenged and appreciated as you partner with hiring managers and play a key role in driving the organization forward.
- Deliver a value add talent acquisition experience for all our candidates and customers including market information, talent pipeline, Organizational design and thought leadership.
- Develop and implement detailed recruitment strategies and planning for all openings and more broadly to support workforce planning. Assist HR site personnel in developing similar strategies and implementing related issues.
- Assist departments and HR personnel in developing affirmative action goals and consult with hiring managers regarding those goals during the selection process.
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at job fairs, industry groups, university recruitment etc.
- Participate in the talent planning process for your region. Provide input regarding positions that are difficult to hire or retain and assist in implementing resolution strategies.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- This position interacts with varying levels of business leaders requiring the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Effectiveness in this role requires a functional knowledge of corporate operations, product line and recruitment markets. Knowledge of recruitment in high tech
- Performs routine duties independently with instructions given on new projects or assignments.
- Job encounters recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm, involving a diverse scope and moderate to high degree of complexity.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
- Requires relevant professional level human resources talent acquisition experience gained over a significant amount of time ideally in a highly matrix, global environment..
- Corporate full cycle recruitment expertise in a high tech environment with low volume high tech capital equipment is a must have.
- Expertise in recruitment for scarce technical profiles in the Brainport region is a must have.
- Demonstrated Organizational and creative problem solving skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- User level working knowledge of HR information systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of common HR concepts, practices and procedures is strongly preferred.
- Direct sourcing of talent in different regions and languages.
- Experience with IBM Kenexa ATS & Workday beneficial.
- Must be fluent in English
- This position interacts with all levels of personnel in and outside of the company.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to interface with varying personal styles in an effective way
- Good judgment, tact and diplomacy with internal and external customers
- The ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
- The ability to work in ambiguous situations.
- The incumbent must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and a positive demeanor toward the job, the company and their work.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure a smooth office operation.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join