Job Title - IT Supervisor - Infrastructure
Job Location - Bangalore, India
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world. Visit us at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
- Align IT infrastructure operational processes globally to meet divisional and corporate IT mandates and standards, business needs, applicable regulatory requirements, agreed upon service levels, as well as IT-driven initiatives and projects.
- Implement metrics to demonstrate compliance with agreed service levels and team / individual contributions.
- Establish operational objectives and work plans, delegates assignments.
- Monitor systems for uninterrupted IT service.
- Lead the implementation of infrastructure projects and initiatives as directed by IT management.
- Select, develop and evaluate employees to improve operational efficiency.
- Establish and adhere to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures.
- Provide site leadership in the effort to establish, grow and promote the GCC team.
- Responsible for staffing, training, developing and managing all direct reports and indirect reports within the team.
- Other opportunities/duties as identified/assigned.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- 3-5 years' experience as a people supervisor / manager. University or Bachelor degree is preferred or 10 years of relevant experience.
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with key strengths in initiative, dependability and teamwork.
- High attention to detail, demonstrating reliability.
- Able to re-set priorities as corporate objectives change.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of management and in high pressure situations
- Strong Computer Skills- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Prior experience in an IT Operations support role (Command Center Operations, Network Operations Center, Service Desk, etc.) performing hands-on IT Infrastructure & Application troubleshooting.
- Proven leadership experience within an Operations environment.
- Will share on call responsibilities with peers and may be called upon to log on from home at certain times.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies in support of the job.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks in dynamic and high pressure situations, prioritize them accordingly and react quickly to issues is essential and a must to be successful within this role.
- Solid initiative and follow-through; ability to work with minimal intervention or follow-up and see tasks through to completion without continual follow-up.
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, service partners and subject matter experts.
- Good teamwork & collaboration skills. Ability to influence and lead others is necessary.
- Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
- May be required to work after-hours and weekends as needed
- On call coverage
- Ability to travel to other sites if needed (this is expected to be a very low percentage of time).
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join