Research Account Manager
Job location: Triveneto
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We are currently have an exciting opportunity for a new Account Manager to join our team in Triveneto area (Padova).
Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned
territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services.
Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers.
• Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based
• Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best
suited to their needs.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
• Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective
customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s
• Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
• Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
• Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
• Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
• Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service
• Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers
value to the organization.
• Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value
• Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
• Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the
• Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive
activities, and potential for new products and services.
• Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities,
advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing
and technical service areas.
• Participates in trade shows and conventions.
Must possess 2 years experience in the Life sciences sector.
Possession of a post-secondary degree in Biology. Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability
to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach). Must be results-orientated and able to work
both independently and within a team environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication
skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software. Valid
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join