Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Sales District Manager is responsible for managing and leading the direct sales of Thermo Fisher Scientific QPCR Consumables to increase the number of new accounts and achieve the company’s financial objectives. This individual must be a visionary, team-oriented sales leader, with a solid executive presence, strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to drive sales. This individual is responsible for implementing business strategies, forecasting, and providing marketing/competitive feedback and customer satisfaction relative to sales activities. This position will require an individual that is results oriented, highly motivated to succeed, operates with an extreme sense of urgency, has an excellent work ethic and maintains the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
Our Genetic Sciences Division is looking for her new manager:
Sales Manager Europe qPCR M/F
- Coordinate and implement business strategies through a sales team(11 qPCR technical sales specialist across Europe) to achieve revenue budgets.
- Accountable for developing sales team’s ability to achieve performance goals.
- Lead and motivate the sales activities of the company in Western Europe
- Implement management processes that ensure consistent, timely and successful execution of the sales team’s strategies and objectives.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, developing, motivating and coaching the sales team, and in the successful management of distributor relationships.
- Accurately forecast product sales and revenues.
- Develop and execute comprehensive plans/programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives.
- Assist in the negotiation of new and renewal contracts where appropriate.
- Manage contract pricing within guidelines.
- Manage expenses within guidelines; travel as necessary to meet revenue goals.
- Interact with other departments as needed to communicate changes and provide updated information.
- Participate in strategic market research.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in Life Science preferred.
- Strong understanding of molecular biology principles, methods and applications.
- Extensive knowledge of qPCR technologies required along with some next-gen sequencing knowledge as well.
- Strong experience in consumables sales.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Good telephone, interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Good written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Strong presentation skills for both technical and sales related materials.
- Ability to compile and analyze customer feedback.
- Ability to act independently based upon limited information by analyzing available data, designing an action plan and implementing that plan with minimal direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment and influence/motivate other team members.
- Flexible, adaptable and open to change.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- People with great influencing skills, great sales rigor to get results through others
- At least 50% travel required
Extensive previous field experience with sales management experience is a plus.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join