When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Sr Manager, Commercial Excellence is responsible for leading commercial business initiatives to grow in the areas of business policy and processes
designed to enhance efficiency and standardize practices. Work streams include but aren’t limited to sales planning and compensation, sales enablement, sales intelligence, and sales reporting. Primary areas of oversight and responsibility will include management of CRM, Business Analytics, Field Communications, Key Account/Channel Sales Initiatives, and Sales Training.
The Sr. Manager, Commercial Excellence is a key member of the LCD Americas Commercial Leadership Team and works closely with the Sr. Director of Commercial Operations, plus all members of the LCD commercial leadership team, Operations and support organizations to drive customer satisfaction and
optimize commercial execution to grow the $230M business.
- Assist the Sr. Director, Commercial Operations in identifying organizational, tactical and strategic initiatives to improve the efficiency of the organization.
- Work closely with other functional areas within LSG and Thermo Fisher Scientific to collaborate, gain support and assistance in the execution of initiatives i.e. Marketing, Product Management, Operations and Finance.
- Serve as the Project Lead for systems/process standardization, integration, training and implementation.
- Collaborate with the commercial team including sales managers, channel managers, and strategic account team to drive growth of $230M business in Americas.
- Accountable for consistency and accuracy of CRM data. Responsible for CRM data reporting and dissemination to key stakeholders.
- Manage and improve mobility solutions that enhance sales reps productivity.
- Sales tools and platforms management, including reporting tools that facilitate regional and divisional data funnel and forecast reconciliation.
- Develops common frameworks, dashboards, and reporting mechanisms, ensuring data source consistency.
- Data quality control and Management
- Supports monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process in alignment with the financial planning cycle i.e. MBR, QBR, SIOP, STRAP
- Maintains responsibility for building and implementing incentive compensation and recognition programs, provides oversight and leadership for variable compensation programs
- Assist Sr. Sales Managers in the development of processes to identify team shortfalls within specific product categories and institute measures to improve performance.
- Continually look to improve sales processes, people, and sales coverage to support growth.
- Sales Intelligence: Develop critical measurement categories, specific metrics and outputs aligned to divisions business requirements (forecast management in alignment with Finance and Business Leaders, sales performance measurement, deal and opportunities pipeline metrics, sales analysis/reporting/dashboards, KPI’s)
- Responsible for National Sales Meeting planning and execution.
- Oversee all sales training programs—determine strategy, process and infrastructure for sales content dissemination and management.
- Sales onboarding: design, build, and optimize a process that accelerates time to competency for all commercial roles. Work with LSG to leverage group level resources.
- Employ and embrace PPI as a means to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the LCD Americas selling organization.
- Work closely with other Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial teams to obtain and share commercially based "best practices".
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of 8 years of sales, marketing or sales operations functions
- Strong role model sales leader with ability to develop and motivate people at all levels. Self-motivated with bias for action
- A solid foundation in financial skills used in a selling environment.
- Exceptional analytical capability and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and influence others to achieve results.
- Excellent communication skills with background in developing and summarizing complex information for multiple executive audiences
- Available to travel 20 – 40% if located in the NJ area—up to 50-60% if located outside NJ area.
- Familiarity and track record of developing sales tools, education and training programs to boost sales skills, technical competency and overall effectiveness
- Requires a proficient understanding of standard business practices related to sales operations processes and systems (sales cycle, sales methodology, CRM applications, reporting, forecasting, territory management and sales quotas).
- Extensive experience with software tools including, but not limited to CRM systems (salesforce.com), relational databases and MS Office applications
- Experience in selling life science products is desired
- Experience with both direct and distribution selling environments is desired
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join