Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group
Division: LSG Commercial
Business Unit: Commercial Marketing
Location/Division Specific Information
We are looking for a driven Market Research Analyst to join our LSG (Life Science Group) team in Carlsbad, CA who is ready to make a difference. Here at Thermo Fisher Scientific we are the leader in serving science, with an eye on becoming the leader in the digital marketing space. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Our customers demand more than ever before. It is our mission to exceed their expectations while at the same time significantly advancing the business profitably.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As the Market Research Analyst you will utilize various qualitative and quantitative research techniques to develop an in-depth understanding of customers’ perceptions, behaviors and preferences across key touch points. Thereby generating actionable customer-related insights to influence business decisions and maximize business value.
What will you do?
- Responsibilities include customer data analysis, developing qualitative and quantitative research plans and scripts, conducting the research, analysis, and reporting of results.
- Plan, execute and analyze quantitative and qualitative research studies utilizing a range of approaches to best support new product launch, go-to-market and channel experience strategies.
- Extract information from qualitative and quantitative data and turning it into compelling insights and stories that help our stakeholders become more successful.
- Communicate findings across the organization with recommendations on business application and impact to drive better business decisions on mid- to long-range strategy.
- Facilitate and moderate brainstorming and data synthesis sessions to produce insights that address key business issues.
- Collaborate with other functional and divisional Customer Insights leads to leverage expertise, findings and best practices.
- Identify and investigate new research methods and data sources to continually improve the value of Customer Insights to the organization.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of different research methodologies and data analysis techniques.
- Keep internal clients engaged and informed on projects.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology (Cognitive or Experimental), Marketing, or Market Research.
- At least 5 years of experience in Market Research or Consumer Insight Research.
- 3+ years of hands on experience in the design, execution and analysis of different Product and Go-to-Market quantitative research methodologies – including Brand research, Pricing research, Market Segmentation research, Choice-based Concept testing and Product Optimization research.
- A minimum of 2 years’ hands on experience in qualitative research methodologies – creation of discussion guides, moderation of IDIs, ethnographic and usability studies
- Highly proficient in SPSS or other statistical software as well as advanced survey design tools like Qualtrics.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Well-developed quantitative skills and statistical competencies.
- Highly driven, results-oriented, detail oriented, self-directed creative and nimble problem solver who uses technical data analytics skills coupled with customer and market research skills and a willingness to do “whatever it takes” to drive business value quickly.
- Able to quickly understand patterns within large quantity of data and to reference key characteristics using visualization techniques.
- Proven ability to synthesize lots of information and distill it into meaningful actionable insights.
- Solid organization, project management, time management and planning skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt in an extremely fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel
- An advanced degree in Business administration, Market Research or behavioral statistics is a plus.
- A background in Life Sciences, Healthcare, Biology or Biochemistry is a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.