The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for providing laboratory instrument repairs, upgrades, troubleshooting, installation, and preventative maintenance in the field. Field Service Engineer will also have the responsibility to manage an assigned territory and provide service in other territories if needed.
This is a remotely based position in the New England area and the person needs to be based near a major airport.
- Perform repairs, preventive maintenance, upgrades and installs of laboratory instrumentation
- Must have excellent customer interface skills and be responsible for customer satisfaction in assigned territory
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and administrative records in a timely manner
- Assist in the development and improvement of service processes and information
- Joint territory management with the Area Account Managers
- Assist other Field Service Engineers in problem resolution and territory management
- Provide account status and service visit reports to the manager
- Manage and troubleshoot complex technical issues with hardware, firmware and software
- Must be proactive in resolving instrument issues before they become chronic by determining a root cause and course of action
- Responsible for sale of parts and labor
- Comply with local management policies for access to facilities in assigned territory
- Remain current on equipment/tools through appropriate training, manuals, technical bulletins and other relevant materials
- Ensure proper communication and/or documentation for product complaints per SOP
- Must be able to maintain records and reports as required, coordinate activities with peers, manager and customers to minimize equipment downtime and interruptions
In addition, other duties may be assigned as the business need warrants.
- Associate’s degree in electronics, engineering, biomedical technology or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology preferred
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with related science, engineering and/or customer skills
- Ability to manage a large territory and perform service training, customer training, support and repair of laboratory equipment
- Must be able to travel at least 75% with overnight stays
- May be required to travel to customer sites with as little as 24 hours notice
- Must be able to take at least 10 paid on-call weekends in a year
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join