Location : Montreal or Ottawa
Territory : Eastern Canada
Bilingual : French and English
Responsible for generating over $5M in sales annually. In addition, this individual supports the installed Thermo Fisher Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division equipment in an assigned territory, as well as providing efficient fiscal management of the sales expense budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and interprets customers’ requirements, shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers.
- Applies the division’s products to customers’ needs. Influences preparation and presents technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders.
- Serves as the focal point of the division’s contact with customers, a responsibility requiring a broad knowledge of the division and an attitude that is in tune with its goals.
- Functions independently as a business person, aware of and responsible to the conditions that affect the business.
- These conditions include good knowledge of competition – their products, pricing, procedures and personnel; of customers – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers.
- Is responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them.
- Serves as a channel of information to the division about customers, markets and competition. Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
- Utilizes divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities.
Decision Making Authority
Responsible for discount administration in assigned territory. Arranges presentation schedule with customer base. Manages controllable expense budget within assigned territory. Has ultimate responsibility for account management in assigned territory.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- BS Degree in Chemistry/Physical Sciences, or equivalent required.
- 1 – 3 years sales experience ideally selling capital equipment and preferably in the analytical instrument market.
- Working knowledge of LCMS instrument business. Fluency with personal computers is required.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills.
- Accurate forecasting ability.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- General Analytical Instrument product knowledge.
- Successfully manages subjective decision-making.
- In-depth understanding of the professional selling process.
- College degree or equivalent and sales/business experience.
- Clear, concise verbal communication.
- Clear, concise written communication.
- Effective time utilization.
- Flexibility and creativity.
- Accurate sales forecasting abilities.
- Effective interpersonal communicator.
- Effective “listener”.
- Customer focus.
- Positive image and mental outlook.
- Goal oriented.
- High level of integrity/credibility.
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism/suggestions.
- Open to positive change.
- Willingness to travel >50% of time.
- Handles pressure/disappointment professionally.
- Communicate openly and honestly in both French and English
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join