Organizes, staffs and coaches the Distribution Support Services team in Whitby including CSR’s, Receptionist, Regulatory, OS&D and Hydro Technician. Maintains a high profile of leadership in activities and decision making. Actively and positively promotes Company goals and objectives, and continually works towards maintaining a positive and motivating environment.
• Manages all administrative resources–coaches and trains staff to be capable of researching and relaying accurate information to Fisher Scientific personnel to satisfy customer needs. Manages all aspects including employee hiring, development and PMD processes. Approves and schedules departmental activities/ vacation ensuring appropriate systems are updated.
• The main functions within the department include internal customer service, inventory adjustments/reconciliation, Regulatory reporting requirements, inventory/product discrepancies, warehouse reporting, returns, claims, operational reviews and CSA approvals.
• Conducts regular departmental meetings to enhance communications, to review and update objectives and work toward continual process improvements. Facilitates Lean Board pacing and problem solving techniques
• Indentify, prioritize and drive improvement initiatives aimed at continuously increasing customer satisfaction and team productivity.
• Actively works with the Warehouse and Customs/Transport team directly to support numerous areas including customer escalations, system discrepancies, training and audit compliance. Acts as facilitator between the warehouse and internal departments to streamline requests, and alleviate duplication of activities.
• Works closely with internal departments (Finance, Customer Service, and Supply Chain) to act as SME in several areas including warehouse operations/processes, inventory adjustments, systems interaction and facilitating customer requests concerning handling, delivery, and expediting of goods and customer orders. Distribution representative for special multifunctional working teams such as Government and Year End teams
• Administers and verifies the continuous flow of information associated with integrated steps in the WMS and Host systems utilized.
• Assists the staff with complex inventory issues to ensure regulatory requirements are met, and that appropriate costing takes place in addition to inventory balancing
• Oversees the flow of Instrumentation returned from Customers and ensures that all processes are completed in a timely manner. Responsible for the physical location and accurate documentation of all Used Demo Inventory as well as the required disposition.
• As the Distribution ISO Coordinator, supports employees with all Quality System requirements including but not limited to ISO 9001 & 13485 and supports compliance to applicable Canadian regulations. Included in this is ensuring that any training needs are identified/documented and new employee documentation is completed for the Whitby facility. This also includes overseeing and managing compliance for the Equipment Calibration program for the facility and actively participating in all internal and external Quality & Customer audits representing the Distribution services support team and all associated functions
• Acts as coordinator together with applicable warehouse supervisors to ensure EHS compliance.
Minimum Requirements /Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree / Post Secondary education in Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum 3- 5 years Supervisory Administrative experience, and or as Customer Service Supervisor handling interactions within different services.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Advanced knowledge of WMS, TMS (Warehouse system) and host system an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join