When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer Intern II
Engineering intern positions offer a variety of opportunities including basic engineering tasks related to design, analysis, test, integration and systems engineering. Working as a member of a small cross-functional engineering teams (mechanical/electrical/software) to optimize the company’s laboratory products, including freezers, biological safety cabinets, shakers, incubators, and water systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Engineering Supervisor as assigned, with the research, development, testing, and proper design maintenance of all Laboratory Products Division (LPD) Legacy products.
- Maintain high standard professionalism in attitudes and communication with fellow employees and customers.
- Have general knowledge with interface/control of motors, actuators, sensors, and refrigeration systems.
- Have general knowledge of equipment safety standards including: Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Underwriters Laboratories (UL), European Mark (CE), Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Low Voltage, and EMC Directives.
- Electrical schematic drafting experience in Creo and/or AutoCAD/Solidwork.
- Knowledge of communications protocols such as Ethernet TCP/IP, EtherCAT, DeviceNet, CanOpen.
- C#/.NET/XP/Windows software development experience a plus from coursework.
- Automation/Robotics experience a plus from coursework.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join