Our Franklin, Massachusetts facility has an immediate opening for a Credit Analyst. This is a nonexempt position reporting to the Credit & Collections Manager.
Acting as a strategic partner providing the analysis of credit and financial reports to determine the risk involved in extending trade credit to new and existing customers. In addition the analyst is a key member of the FFSS Team in assisting in the resolution of seriously pastdue major accounts.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Applies accounting theories and concepts to support division credit, collections and contracts functions.
- Responsible for new customer account set up along with the review and maintenance of accounts according Thermo Fisher Scientific credit policies.
- Provide frequent analysis of customer account status and review incoming orders daily.
- The detailed analyze of credit data, financial statements, and other related data to determine the degree of risk involved in extending trade credit to a customer. The analysis includes trend, ratio, cash flow, and the creation of related projections.
- Responsible for extension of credit within authorized levels.
- The preparation of the analytical results including the credit approval paperwork.
- Track results of credit analysis for internal reporting needs.
- Assist with minimizing bad debt risk and bad debt reserve requirements, improving Days Sales Outstanding (DSO), maximize cash receipts and safe guarding the assets of the company.
- Recommend improvements, adaptations and revisions in the credit processing system, including the extension of credit terms.
- Work as a partner with sales management and customer service management to ensure the highest level of professionalism and customer service.
- Market, train, counsel, advise, and communicate credit department policy and procedures to company personnel.
Other Job Requirements:
- The review of stand-by and commercial letters of credit documentation in support of the needs of the business.
- Perform other accounting duties as directed by management, including ad hoc reports, special studies, and assisting in maintaining related policies and procedures.
- Maintaining policies and procedures
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-4 years credit and trade business to business collections experience required.
- Immediate proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word and Outlook is required.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment is required.
- Experience with automated ERP systems is a plus.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join