Sr. Network Engineer
Job ID :
US - California - Carlsbad
- Day-to-day support of the Thermo Fisher Scientific enterprise network (approximately 500 locations worldwide) including local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), wireless local area network (WLAN), virtual private network (VPN), firewall, and data center technologies.
- Working directly with our customers to understand their business requirements in an effort to ensure networking projects are properly designed and implemented.
- Find opportunities to improve the enterprise network by implementing the network standards that have been established by the Global Networking Services team.
- Ensure the highest possible level of network uptime and availability by proactively monitoring performance, troubleshooting problems and outages, and scheduling upgrades/enhancements.
- Collaborating with the network architects on large scale, business imperative projects and initiatives to optimize the enterprise network.
- Managing and monitoring the Service Now work queue in an effort to address customer requests within the established service level agreements.
- Ensuring that all network environments are well documented.
- Participating in the on-call rotation with other members of the team to ensure support coverage for the global enterprise network.
- Reporting network operational status on a regular basis to ensure that management is aware of current project status.
- Mentoring junior members of the team in order to build a stronger organization.
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security or similar field and minimum 8 years of related experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum five years of experience with configuring, deploying, managing, and troubleshooting routers and switches in an enterprise environment.
- Comprehensive, hands on experience with Cisco LAN (route/switch), WAN, and WLAN technologies.
- Experience with F5 Load Balancers, Cisco Nexus, Fortinet and Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills.
- A strong desire to establishing credibility with fellow engineers through teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to break down and analyze communications at the packet level.
- Ability to build strong cross team relationships.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and prioritize multiple objectives and initiatives.
- Current certification such as CCNP, CCDP or CCIE.
- Advanced understanding of dynamic routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF.
- Knowledge of ITIL including Incident, Problem, and Change Management.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join