When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Within the Customer Channels Group, the Research and Safety Market Division (RSD), represented by the Fisher Scientific brand, is a several billion dollar global division which markets and sells a vast portfolio of laboratory and safety-related products and services to its key customer base around the world that includes Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Academic, Industrial, and Government organizations. As a provider of a broad portfolio of products and services, RSD transacts with and represents the product lines of thousands of industry-leading suppliers/manufacturers in the laboratory and clean-room space, both internal and external to Thermo Fisher.
The PPI Business System Manager will be part of a global team designed to facilitate implementation of the PPI Business System within specified functional groups in the Customer Channels Group. This position will focus primarily in North America and partner with functional leaders to drive continuous improvements in day-to-day business processes through KPI Leadership, to include aligning and cascading Goal Trees to KPI Bowlers, Tiered Daily Management, Performance Management and coaching at all levels. The PPI Business System Manager will also utilize standard Parent/Project A3 templates to visually manage efforts and drive progress against targets. Leverage project management expertise of the PPI Business System team to support and help execute or lead projects or Strategic Initiatives.
As part of the PPI Business System discipline, the individual will facilitate a wide range of lean tools, including, but not limited to, standard work, process and product 3P, value stream mapping, error-proofing, Kanban, material flow, and 8-step problem solving. This execution will require partnership and the ability to drive results and engagement across the entire organization, focused on sustainable process improvements and results with a focus to enable profitable growth, intensify the customer experience and increase employee engagement.
- Promote a learning organization that embraces continuous improvement and leverages the talent of the organization to execute the strategy and achieve its business and financial objectives.
- Provide ongoing PPI support to multiple teams and/or PPI Process Managers as directed.
- Execute at the appropriate levels using strategy deployment, Parent A3s, Project A3s and TTI Bowlers.
- Responsible for facilitating/enabling the implementation of the PPI Business System across the region, division and functions.
- Lead/work with functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Provide support to develop lean expertise and capability within the organization at all levels.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality.
- Execute and mature KPI Leadership and the Lean Management System (tiered daily management systems, gemba walks, and leader standard work) and other coaching tools to transform the culture.
- Provides PPI Business System Program support through project traceability, pipeline building and productivity tracking and reporting. Utilize consistent tools and templates and other governance mechanisms as needed.
- Improve the decision-making model and problem solving capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and the pace of change.
- Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System further.
- 6+ years of operational or professional experience.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, science, operations or business.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite; Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Able to travel domestically as needed, approximately 50%.
- Deep understanding of the PPI Business System, Continuous Process Improvement, Business Transformation, Process Re-engineering, etc.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- A Continuous Improvement Expert with an 3+ years of experience and a ‘hands-on’ track record of implementing successful TPS-based or Business System based including elements such as:
- Strategy deployment.
- KPI Leadership and Lean Leadership (Daily Accountability, Visual Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks).
- Expertise in problem-solving in Kaizen events focusing on a formal program/process.
- Solid foundation in root cause problem solving and value stream mapping.
- Advanced Lean Tool Usage including, Kaizen events on standard work, cell design, process and product 3P, FMEA error-proofing, material flow, and kanban.
- Lean Six Sigma, BB or MBB certification.
- High level of facilitation skills and both written and verbal communication skills, capable of adapting style and tone according to the situation, culture and audience.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Fluency in English, other language knowledge desirable in working with global team and organization.
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment.
- Project and program management expertise, PMP certification.
- Strong demonstrable background in delivering effective business management and driving business change through the use of data to drive business tactical decisions.
- PPI Process Manager qualifications.
- Strong coaching, mentoring skills with an ability to multi-task.
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods.
- Ability to work across markets and able to remain focused in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders.
- A holistic thinker who can look enterprise-wide to integrate and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams. (i.e. Customer Service, Sales, Marketing, IT).
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join