The Global Trade Compliance Director will promote compliant imports and exports by Thermo Fisher businesses globally, including adherence to all applicable U.S. and non-U.S. laws and regulations and with Thermo Fisher policies.
- Review products/services for impact of regulations such as the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Customs and Border Protection Regulations.
- Train, consult with, and advise employees through assessments and audits of international trade practices of Thermo Fisher businesses.
- Develop materials for, and participate in, training on import and export regulations and policies.
- Assess and audit sites for import and export compliance.
- Produce written assessment reports and monitor compliance.
- Assist in determining and implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- Assist business units and work with other Global Trade Compliance team members and legal counsel to help resolve trade compliance matters.
- Assist in managing service providers.
- Focus on compliance specialties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in import and/or export matters
· 8-10 years experience in international trade compliance
· Desirable, but not mandatory, are any or all of the following: technical or scientific
background, experience in logistics, Customs (Import) Broker’s license
· 3-5 years management experience desired
· 10-20% travel required including local, national, and international
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
· Basic computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to manage multiple projects, involving cross business functionality
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.