Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands, Invitrogen, Applied Biosystems, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
We are seeking a strong candidate to work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and molecular biologists. The job responsibilities will include design, development, and verification of sequencing platform sub-systems and/or design team support. Responsibilities may also include running experiments on the Ion Torrent sequencing platforms to improve performance. It will be critical that this individual have strong verbal and written communication skills to be successful.
Position requirements and skills:
- Minimum BS, MS or PHD recommended, in Mechanical/Systems or Bio-medical Engineering
- Minimum 2+ years experience in Mechanical/System engineering or medical device development
- Experience with a variety of laboratory devices and instrumentation, including PCR, flow cytometry, microtrac particle analysis instruments
- In addition to impeccable technical skills, successful candidates possess strong organizational, communication and team skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Next Gen sequencing experience is a plus
The ideal candidate will be:
- Extremely motivated and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, hard-working and multidisciplinary team;
- Creative, innovative, and able to perform early prototyping independently, thus requiring a multi-disciplined skill-set.
- Committed and enthusiastic about Thermo Fisher Scientific Next Gen Sequencing programs;
- Resourceful and flexible;
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through, while remaining highly energetic and focused;
- Straightforward, self-motivated, and trustworthy;
- Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of activities;
- An individual with experience in biotechnology or medical device development;
- An individual with some hands-on experience with current molecular biology techniques (PCR, cloning, and enzymology) and DNA sequencing would be highly regarded in consideration for this position.
- An individual with electrical engineering and software (ex. python scripting) experience.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join