Brazer /Assembler II - 2nd Shift
Job ID :
US - North Carolina - Asheville
Position Summary: Cleans, assembles and brazes products to print, work order and product specifications. Checks connections for leaks using dry nitrogen pressure. Visually inspects the unit before passing to the next cell. Works safely and ensures best quality products within current takt times. Fully engages with team and other associates to troubleshoot problems and drive continuous improvement in the plant. Operator will cut, form, braze wrap and leak check assemblies following SOEs and standard work.
- Applies knowledge of metallurgy to determine best method to accomplish quality braze (brass, copper, steel).
- Uses various methods to form copper tubing to print specifications.
- Selects torch tips, flux, and brazing alloys from work station instructions and/or Sequence of Events (SOE) or work orders.
- Applies solder along adjoining edges of work pieces to solder joints, using soldering irons, gas torches, or electric-ultrasonic equipment.
- Adjusts electric current and timing cycles of resistance on induction brazing machine to heat metals to bonding temperature.
- Inspects and flushes condensers or evaporators with refrigerant detergent solutions.
- Troubleshoots leak detections using helium sniffer equipment.
- Evaluates brazed components to insure proper functionality and repair or rework as needed.
- Utilize KANBAN cards to replenish inventory and communicate production needs to support areas, stock room, paint, etc.
- Replaces components as instructed; reworks units rejected by quality control.
- Moves units or positions pieces manually or using work aids such as pallet jacks, hoists and/or tables.
- Utilizes computer to obtain work orders, order parts, production schedule, log failures and repairs, etc.
- Troubleshoots work related problems by using technical expertise and input from other team members, Supervisor, Cell Leads or Engineering team.
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety, efficiency, quality and customer demands.
- Fully engaged, initiates activities that support department and team goals, suggests improvements in work methods and is actively involved with all of the team activities within the department.
- Supports Continuous Improvement, PPI and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
- Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions and opinions of others regarding production issues and goals.
- Performs all job duties within ISO standards
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, serves as a role model in the workplace.
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: Knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing practices. Manufacturing experience is a plus. Experience using small hand and power tools is preferred.
- Skills: Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and blueprints as shown in SOE. Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels and work instructions.
- Skills Certification: Brazing certification preferred.
- Physical Demands: Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job. Frequently lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Hazards – Exposed to potential hazards including pinch points, fall hazards, chemical exposure and general safety issues associated with manufacturing. Works in hot, cold, dusty and noisy area.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join