We have a fantastic opportunity for a procurement specialist, who is pivotal in ensuring the site’s profitability.
Raw materials comprise 60-70% of the final COGS therefore vendor selection, vendor management and inventory control is paramount to gross profit, on-time delivery and product quality.
- Identify and drive cost reduction and productivity programs to ensure achievement of BU sourcing saving targets.
- Drive High Level Assembly (HLA) opportunities with strategic sourcing partners and apply Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) model for approval of supply chain changes.
- Manage the Sourcing AOP program including maintaining the model and reporting each month.
- Evaluate and deliver consolidation/reductions of raw material purchase vendor base.
- Review vendor performance against defined targets and work collaboratively to improve raw material pricing and stock availability.
- Manage the cycle count process and ensure inventory levels are optimised.
- Ensure purchasing is conducted on-time in order to maximise production DIFOT.
- Ensure alternate vendor suppliers are available to avoid stock-outs.
- Manage and implement Thermo Fisher Scientific guidelines on vendor compliance agreements.
- Derive supply plans based upon forecast data (SIOP), Sales Strategy, historical data, product life cycle, statistical analysis of forecast error rates, and financial target.
- Identify and exploit raw materials opportunities for Low Cost Region (LCR) manufacture.
- Work to sourcing procedures and policies consistent with company policies and objectives and authority levels.
- Establishing Vendor Owned Managed Inventory (VOMI) programs and compliance with vendor base.
- Embrace the SQDC (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost) culture and reinforce this in the work cells through daily management (stand-up meetings, Gemba’s).
- Tertiary qualified in logistics/supply chain would be advantageous.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience with procurement in a chemical, industrial or manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of JIT, Lean, make-to-order and make-to-stock methodologies.
- Vendor management.
- Contract negotiations and construction.
- Organisational skills with an ability to prioritise manage time effectively and meet agreed deadlines.
- An ability to think strategically and laterally in order to maximise business opportunities.
- An initiative taker willing to work autonomously.
- A supportive team player with the ability to create and foster meaningful and beneficial partnerships with peers, suppliers and customers.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join