The Packaging Technician is responsible for labeling, packaging and assembly of all product lines, as well as proficiency testing products, in the Dehydrated Culture Media Department. The Packaging Technician is responsible for adherence to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations/ Quality System Regulation (QSR) guidelines, International Organization for Standardization (ISO) requirements and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Complete production assignments in a timely manner and in accordance with departmental schedules.
- Safely operate various machines, such as the box taper, bottle sealers, computer, label printer, and label applicator.
- Work cooperatively and efficiently with coworkers in all departments with little supervision to achieve team, department and company goals. Demonstrate job functions to coworkers as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. This includes all assigned equipment. Participate in daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly 5S team breakouts.
- Read, understand and complete required documentation. All paperwork shall be accurately and neatly completed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Document accurately and check personal work for quality and compliance.
- Investigate and remedy, when possible, production failures.
- Continuously monitor product for defects and help to maintain quality assurance on your position at all times.
- Sign off on DHR’s in proper places and fill in pertinent information in accordance to SOP’s.
- Arrive to work on time and work during scheduled hours, working additional overtime as needed.
- Follow all written procedures to ensure products are manufactured in accordance with current GMP. Report discrepancies in procedures (SOP’s, DHR’s, etc.) to the Area Supervisor.
- Maintain good personal hygiene. Wear designated uniform maintained in good condition.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Refer to job specific job Safety Analysis.
- Perform all work activities in a safe manner. Maintain a safe and clutter free work area. Clean up all spills immediately.
- Maintain a disciplined environment and enforce departmental and company policies.
- Report property damage and /or safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management immediately.
- Become cross-trained in all resale and in-house packaging jobs. Cross-training will be on a quarterly rotation.
- Comply with all company personnel policies.
- In addition, other duties may be assigned as the business needs warrant.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join