Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 57280BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
South San Francisco Clinical Next Generation Sequencing Division
What will you do?
- Propose, design and document the solutions for the feature and to the given problem statement
- Collaborate, negotiate and influence direction and decision making to deliver quality solutions
- Mentor others to develop technical skills and leadership ability
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; .
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Lead a team of 3-5 software developers and coordinate with offshore teams
- Education: Bachelors degree
- Minimum 7 years of experience in software development and should be hands on with Java and J2EE
- Minimum 3 years of experience in using Spring, hibernate and SQL
- Experience in a software lead role, managing a team of 3-5 developers
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with the following skills: Java/J2EE, Spring, hibernate, Apache web server, Apache tomcat, Databases such as Mysql, No SQL database such as mongoDB, GIT, Analyzing Information, Software Design, Software Documentation, Software Junit testing
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join