Job Title: Applications Specialist LC/MS
Requisition ID: 57034BR
Location: Office Based- Hemel Hempstead
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The LC/MS Applications Specialist will provide demonstration and applications support for the UK, Nordic and Benelux Sales Teams. This will predominantly focus on Small Molecule and Metabolomics using Orbitrap LC/MS. This individual will be expected to spend the majority of their time at the demonstration facilities located in Hemel Hempstead.
Main Activities / Responsibilities
- Coordinate and perform demonstration and sample analyses to the highest level with particular emphasis on analysis of small molecule and metabolomics samples using Orbitrap LC/MS.
- Ability to optimize applications and maintain instruments to their highest level of performance.
- Perform pre-sales visits to determine customer requirements in the application of LC/MS.
- Provide on-site help and training to customers with Orbitraps, optimizing and trouble shooting for method development and sample analysis.
- Ability to co-operate closely with the Demonstration Laboratory Manager and Mass Spectrometry Sales Team and with our applications and technical support personnel.
- Ability to liaise directly with resources outside of the UK, including our San Jose and Bremen facilities as well as other sales and marketing resources.
- Provide an interface for the customer to various technical and application resources by telephone, e-mail and when appropriate, by customer visits. At all times liaising with the respective account managers.
- As required attend/participate in technical seminars and presentations. Attend where appropriate trade shows, user group meetings customer seminars etc.
- Generate data and support materials for posters, presentations and publications.
- Provide significant input into the day to day upkeep and running of the demonstration labs.
Degree in analytical chemistry or related subject.
Must have experience working with Orbitrap LC/MS/MS.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Must have demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
The ability to work independently and have a strong work ethic is critical
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join