Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Field Applications Specialist – BeNeLux
Field (remotely) based
Are you looking for a role that combines science, training, troubleshooting and working with customers in various scientific domains? In addition, do these activities in a company known to be a fast paced global leader in serving science? If you are, then this will be the start of your journey….
As a Field Application Scientist (FAS) you are responsible for the provision of scientific application support for our Molecular biology platforms (CE and Next Generation Sequencing) and applications with primary responsibility for customers based in the BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
Thermo Fisher Scientific (previously Life Technologies) is currently recruiting for a Field Applications Specialist (FAS) to cover the BeNeLux region. Combining customer relation, training and support, this function is well suited for those who enjoy working with customers with a variety of scientific backgrounds. If you have a broad scientific interest and especially enjoy working with persons, this function is tailored for your professional career. Thermo Fisher Scientific provides you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development for the start or the continuation of your career.
- Provide independently in-house and on-site scientific application support & training support on applied biosystemsTM, InvitrogenTM and Ion TorrentTM branded products, thereby contributing substantially to customer satisfaction.
- Support the Support & Service organization in the achievement of the regional training and service contract sales target through customer interaction and relation.
- Support sales in the achievement of the regional sales target by delivering product-line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities.
- Solve customer escalations effectively and timely through in depth troubleshooting.
- Remain up to date with product and state of the art scientific know-how and work in line with our Support & Service Competencies.
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a Bachelor' degree in Molecular Biological Sciences, Genetics, Biochemistry or equivalent.
- Laboratory experience consisting but not limiting to expertise in basic techniques related to Molecular Biology products with a focus on the related instruments and applications.
- Hands-on experience on real-time PCR and/or Imaging market-leading platforms is essential.
- Interest in expanding your knowledge to master other instrument & applications of within scientific.
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals and reports from the complete spectrum of life sciences.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to enquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the life science community.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic mathematical and statistical analysis to data.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Customer facing experience is an asset. Good commercial insight and attitude required.
- Fluent Dutch & English or French & English language skills - oral and written.
- Valid Driver’s License required. Regular international (BNL) travel by car (50-60%) is intrinsic to this role. Additional and occasional travel across EMEA is possible.
- Customer facing experience & Commercial attitude is essential.
- Sometimes work proceeded on evenings or weekends.
So if you are a:
- A technically savvy individual who can assess customer experimental needs and implement training and experimental approaches to ensure customer success.
- A problem solver with proven ability to overcome technical hurdles.
- Customer minded individual with the empathy to understand customer concerns.
- Concise and excellent communicator with the ability to get to the critical few requirements that will address customer needs
- Team player who can effectively integrate internal and field based activities across functions to support customer requirements. Individual will also need to balance and prioritize the requirements of several internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing environment. Manage time effectively.
- And are having a high degree of technical competence & confidence and ability to interface with customer and the scientific community to the highest levels.
…than please submit your application, in English, including a cover letter and CV via www.lifetechnologies.com/careers. Application deadline is Dec 25, 2017.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Diana van Schijndel, Talent Acquisition Manager – BeNeLux at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join