The role oversees the finance management of a number of legal entities under the financial controllership of the Centre of Excellence in Paisley. These entities span across the Life Sciences Solutions Group and Special Diagnostics Group of Thermo Fisher Scientific with revenues totalling $370M. The role will see the successful candidate manage a team of 6 accountants.
The successful candidate must be prepared to take ownership of the accounting for the entities delivering accurately and timely results to be reported both internally and externally. They must demonstrate themselves as a knowledge leader in the accounting and reporting team and have excellent people leader skills. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and detail oriented individual with excellent communication, computer and organisational skills relevant to the role. The candidate must be high-potential and have the ability to prioritise and follow through in a fast-paced, multitask environment.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of monthly close activities.
- Review accounting entries. Evaluate entries for completeness and accuracy
- Review general ledger activity, leading team to research and correct account discrepancies.
- Drive accuracy of the balance sheet through balance sheet account reconciliations, and best accounting practice in the team
- Oversee variance analysis including current-to-prior month/quarter/year fluctuations.
- Management reporting to Corporate through Hyperion
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts.
- Oversee Preparation and submission of government and other agency returns, including but not limited to Tax returns and government statistics returns.
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Accounting policies, procedures and controls (Sarbanes-Oxley Act).
- Support requests from external and internal auditors as well as various groups companywide.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Drive career development in team
- Ad Hoc projects as required
- Accuracy is required in performing all aspects of the role
- High level of proactivity to drive continuous improvement
- Ability to drive growth through excellent decision making
- People Development
- Deep technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent communication skills to interact at various levels inside and outside the organisation
- Working knowledge of our core ERPs (SAP / E1)
- Qualified Accountant (CA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Experience working in a large corporate environment
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join