When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing, global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission – enabling our customers to make the world safer, cleaner and healthier.
Job Title: Director, Continuous Improvement
Reports To: VP/GM Horsham, VP Operational Excellence,
Group/Division: BioPharma Services Division
Position Location: Horsham
No of Direct Reports: 3
Responsible for the implementation of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Business System (PPI). Work closely with business leadership and steering committees to establish and mature the Lean Management System (tiered daily management systems, Gemba walks, and leader standard work) and other coaching tools to facilitate the cultural transformation.
- Lead/work with functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Diplomatically cultivate an action-biased culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality.
- Provide support to develop lean expertise and capability within the organization at all levels.
- Improve the decision-making model and problem solving capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and the pace of change.
- Provide ongoing Lean support to multiple teams.
- Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the Business System further.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization
- A Lean Expert with extensive experience and a ‘hands-on’ track record of implementing successful TPS-based business systems including elements such as:
- Lean Leadership (Daily Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks)
- Strategy Deployment and Value-stream mapping
- Kaizen events on standard work, cell design, process and product 3P, Value-Analysis/Value Engineering, error-proofing, material flow, Heijunka, and Kanban.
- Expertise in problem-solving utilizing a formal program/process
- A holistic thinker who can look enterprise-wide to integrate and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams.
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment.
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams.
- Great communicator, including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills.
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods.
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, science, operations or business.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Bachelors degree with evidence of operational, leadership, or professional experience.
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering year-over-year results using metric-driven problem solving.
- Self-directed leader with a proven ability to manage/influence across and up into the organization without direct reporting responsibility.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join