With 55,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition - accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Genetic Analysis Sales Specialist
The role of Genetic Analysis Sales Specialist is to drive sales for Sequencing markets in South Africa. The role holder will use their knowledge of the business and external context to commit to and deliver profitable initiatives that build sales. The role holder will be responsible for implementing sales strategy and tactics for related product lines and applications to achieve sales figures.
- Achieve the agreed sales target.
- Increase the install base of Thermo Fisher’s Life Sciences Group / Ion Torrent / Applied Biosystems Instrumentation within the sales territory with a special focus to Sequencing ( Next Generation, Ion Torrent and Capillary Electrophoresis )
- Work together with local sales colleagues and manager sales to ensure all possible actions are done in order to secure business in competitive situations.
- Drive business expansion in collaboration with Support, Sales and Market Development.
- Build up reference sites as required.
- Set up and undertake complex negotiations. Review effectiveness or negotiation strategy on a continual basis. Benchmark own sales techniques against best practice. Coach sales colleagues and ensure transfer of knowledge, experience and best sales practice.
- Sales Forecasting
- Anticipate pipeline changes and has plans in place to address shortfalls. See trends and coordinate sales activities with sales manager accordingly
Qualification / Experience Required:
- Academic degree (minimum MSc) in biology / life sciences disciplines '
- Relevant technical and scientific background. (Sequencing knowledge is REQUIRED, NGS experience will advantageous)
- Relevant Sales experience and a high level of professional expertise gained in the sale of CapEx lab instrumentation, will be beneficial
- A track records of closing high value deals in highly competitive situations.
- Able to develop and implement strategies that drive growth.
- Good verbal and written command of English (technical) language.
- Drivers license
- Able to undertake frequent travel. There is the possible need to participate in congresses over weekends.
Skills / Behaviours Required:
- Strong teamwork skills able to align across teams and organizations and fosters collaboration.
- Establishes stretch goals and drives for results.
- Able to take responsibility by holding self accountable for personal delivery.
- First class negotiating skills, able to influence in highly competitive market space and work proactively to differentiate and promote the benefits of the LT portfolio and close deals.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- The ability to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement.
Strong communication skills and the ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to work in a complex cross-functionally environment
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join