Packaging and Process Engineer
Job ID :
US - Kansas - Lenexa
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs design analysis
- Assists team in developing engineering designs, packaging arrangements & loading arrangements
- Assists in implementing engineering changes
- Develops PFEP (Plan For Every Part/Package) documentation and packaging
- Participates in solution of engineering related product problems (Root Cause) especially regarding handling damage issues
- Works with engineering functions, suppliers, plant personnel and others to implement cost reduction, standardization, methods improvement, and product improvements
- Run projects as needed.
- Plans and implements test and / or development programs regarding new packaging
- Releases packaging parts for production
- Communicates information to and from internal and external customer organizations
- Coordinates and consults with departments outside engineering such as Manufacturing, Purchasing and Quality
- Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products
- Provide processing support for operations including spec development, problem solving, material ordering,
- Spec and support packaging equipment.
- Investigate freight and warehouse damage or packaging discrepancies.
Education / Training
- BS in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering
Qualifications and Experience
- Min of 2-3 years manufacturing or materials experience.
- Training in computer applications including MS Office and CAD
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual or difficult
- Good oral and written communications skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Understanding of design / manufacturing processes
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Project management/ 6 sigma experience
- Process or manufacturing engineering experience