When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
THIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RELOCATION ASSISTANCE.
Specialty Diagnostics Group:
The Specialty Diagnostics Group (SDG) serves customers in healthcare, clinical, pharmaceutical, industrial, and food safety laboratories. SDG consists of a dedicated team of 6,900 talents determined to improve diagnostic methods in order to improve patient care and accuracy of diagnoses. The group offers a wide range of diagnostic test kits, reagents, culture media, instruments and associated products. Together, we are moving medicine forward by bringing advanced diagnostic tools that improve the quality, reliability and speed of diagnostics.
The Microbiology Division (MBD) develops, manufactures, supplies and supports solutions for the clinical diagnosis of infectious disease and the detection of bacterial contamination in the food and pharmaceutical industries. We serve public health and clinical laboratories, food companies and pharmaceutical laboratories with high quality products which include culture media, antimicrobial susceptibility testing and market-leading food safety molecular solutions. Our 2,000+ dedicated employees are focussed on providing our customers with consistently exceptional service. Headquartered in Basingstoke, England with over 20 sites worldwide.
- Performs design analysis
- Assists team in developing engineering designs, packaging arrangements & loading arrangements
- Assists in implementing engineering changes
- Develops PFEP (Plan For Every Part/Package) documentation and packaging
- Participates in solution of engineering related product problems (Root Cause) especially regarding handling damage issues
- Works with engineering functions, suppliers, plant personnel and others to implement cost reduction, standardization, methods improvement, and product improvements
- Run projects as needed.
- Plans and implements test and / or development programs regarding new packaging
- Releases packaging parts for production
- Communicates information to and from internal and external customer organizations
- Coordinates and consults with departments outside engineering such as Manufacturing, Purchasing and Quality
- Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products
- Provide processing support for operations including spec development, problem solving, material ordering,
- Spec and support packaging equipment.
- Investigate freight and warehouse damage or packaging discrepancies.
- BS in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum of 1-3 years packaging experience.
- Training in computer applications including MS Office and CAD
- Experience with Solid Works 2017
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual or difficult
- Knowledge of transportation modalities
- Good oral and written communications skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Understanding of design / manufacturing processes
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Project management/ six sigma experience
- Process or manufacturing engineering experience
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join