When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Laboratory Chemicals Division is currently seeking a chemical packager for our Fair Lawn, NJ facility.
Responsible for weighing, filling, labeling and sealing of various chemical materials. Responsibilities also could include: monitoring the fill equipment during operation, loading/unloading product, assuring product is properly sealed, labeled and quarantined as required, daily cleaning, maintaining fill area and equipment.
- The successful candidate will have basic mechanical aptitude and the able to work with hand tools and gauges.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including detail orientation and accuracy in documentation is required.
- Knowledge of safety standards is desirable.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an environment with hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Previous experience in a chemical environment in preferred.
- A high school diploma or GED, ability to lift 40 lbs. with or without accommodations and the ability to work alternately in a seated or standing position is required.
This is a third shift position.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join