As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
The Specialty Diagnostics Group (SDG) serves customers in healthcare, clinical, pharmaceutical, industrial, and food safety laboratories. SDG consists of a dedicated team of 6,900 talents determined to improve diagnostic methods in order to improve patient care and accuracy of diagnoses. The group offers a wide range of diagnostic test kits, reagents, culture media, instruments and associated products. Together, we are moving medicine forward by bringing advanced diagnostic tools that improve the quality, reliability and speed of diagnostics.
Organizes and carries out multi-stage production processes to prepare and formulate serum products for use as controls and calibrators in analytical instruments. Organizes and carries out production processes to prepare and formulate Clinical Chemistry Reagent products. Monitors the complete process of producing serum and CCR products to assure compliance with specifications and GMP/FDA requirements.
- Calculate raw material volumes required for each batch by referencing amounts necessary to meet manufacturing schedule and product specifications.
- Follow detailed processing documentation, processes base serums, Clinical Chemistry reagents, intermediates and final serum products.
- Plan all intermediates at proper times in the formulation cycle to ensure that all target production dates for final product formulation are met.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; a B.S. in Science or Medical Technology is preferred.
- Minimum of one year production experience (may be waived in lieu of BS in Science)
- Knowledge of the metric system (weights & volumes).
- Relevant education may be considered in lieu of one year production experience.
- Normal manufacturing environment.
- Position may require frequent communication and walking to other areas in which designated PPE will be required.
- Position will require sitting and standing.
- Ability to lift materials weighing up to 110 pounds. Employee to employ traditional lifting techniques for materials up to 75 lbs. Items over 75 lbs will require the employee to use non traditional techniques including, push-pull method, automated lifts and other equipment or additional techniques. Employee will be trained in these techniques upon employment. Employees already in position will require one time training.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must have excellent math and communication skills and working knowledge of the metric system (weights & volumes).
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Familiarity with various internal production processes.
- Working knowledge of computer applications (including word processing & spreadsheets).
- Knowledge of GMP and ISO requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with team members at all levels.
- Familiarity with SAP transactions is a plus.
- Flexible around work hours, available for overtime, as necessary (may include extended shifts & weekends).
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must meet required Work Keys assessment levels if applicable.
- Demonstrated good safety and quality practices.
- Good attendance history is required.
This position is not approved for relocation benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join