When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Product Manager, Software Product Management
The Product Manager role supports software applications to control analytical instrumentation and allows for customers to acquire, process, and review results from data systems. The role is responsible for complete development, launch, and commercialization activities via new product development and introduction (NPDI) processes, and management of product lifecycles.
- Accurately captures and translates internal and external voice of customer (VOC) for Product Development
- Responsible for maintaining all documentation per NPDI process including user stories for development, business plans, marketing introduction plans, intellectual property reviews, and marketing requirement documents
- Drives product development with all cross-functional stakeholders in accordance with strategic and product line business plans; ensures interdependencies and strategic marketing requirements are met
- Works with Marcom and Strategic Marketing to ensure promotional collateral is developed
- Fulfill the role and requirements of Product Owner in multiple software projects which comply with the agile / scrum methodology
- Directly interact with the worldwide sales and service organizations to develop and provide marketing collateral, competitive analysis, and product introduction training. Additionally provided pre- and post-sales support to nurture relationships and ensure customer success
- Engage in direct communication with worldwide applications teams, demonstration labs and customers to identify emerging market trends and properly define product requirements to exceed customer expectations
- Organize and support customer focus groups and beta test programs throughout the product development process to verify products are aligned with customer needs
- Manage cross-divisional initiatives to develop software capable of integrating multiple hardware components into a complete workflow offering for customers
- Complete technical presentations and collateral development for promotion of Thermo Fisher Scientific offerings at major conferences
- 5-10 years’ experience as an LCMS scientist
- Experience in software product management is required
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biology, or related field
- Ability to travel 25% of the time (depending on location)
- Experience with Thermo Fisher Scientific applications and hardware is required
- Understanding of Agile and Waterfall software development processes is highly desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, problem solving and time management skills are required
- Ability to contribute as a valued team member and collaborate with leaders at all levels
This position can be based in a Thermo Fisher Scientific office location or can be worked remotely.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join