When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our design team to develop novel mass spectrometers and associated products. You will collaborate with a broad team of engineers and scientists researching new technologies and bringing them to market. Your contribution will make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists to design components, assemblies, and processes used by the scientific instruments industry.
- Apply these efforts coupled with advanced knowledge of mechanical engineering and design, to proof-of-concept experiments, new product development, and product enhancements.
- Add technical leadership and system engineering expertise to a team of engineers and technicians in designing highly competitive analytical instrumentation.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering and 10+ years of work experience.
- Experience in 3-D solid modeling: Solidworks, Pro/Engineer. Direct experience with Solidworks preferred.
- Experience in conceptualizing innovative and creative designs using strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality product designs with focus on DFM and DFS.
- Experienced in providing technical leadership and system engineering perspective.
- Experience in developing requirements, verification and validation plans and risk analysis.
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity and problem solving skills in a fast paced, global environment.
- Ability to understand and solve complex design challenges both independently and as part of a design team.
- In depth knowledge of GD&T.
- Experience with multiple manufacturing processes (i.e. casting, molding, machining, injection molding etc.)
- Working knowledge of CE and product safety regulatory standards.
- M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with SAP and Product Center PLM systems.
- Experience with mechanical designs for vacuum and ultra high vacuum systems.
- Working knowledge of electromagnetic fields, Ion optics and detectors, and gas dynamics.
- Experience with scientific instrumentation, medical devices, or semiconductor process systems.
- Excellent project planning capability, with proven ability to drive projects through completion and then the support of existing products through the product life cycle.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join