Job Title: Chemical Sourcing Specialist
Requisition ID: 57043BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Negotiate quality, price, and availability with suppliers.
- Prepare and manage RFP/RFQ process.
- Manage ERP data, payment terms and category taxonomy.
- Analyze key spending trends, cost drivers, market factors and geographic considerations in order to drive implementation of appropriate sourcing strategies.
- Drive continuous improvement projects and initiatives in overall supply costs, service levels and quality conform to the guidelines.
- Work and coordinate with other divisions of the Company globally to leverage materials and supply opportunities.
- Be the escalation contact for site operations teams to ensure managed communication to the supply base.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or other scientific discipline.
- 2-4 years’ prior sourcing experience
- Supply chain experience within manufacturing, planning or purchasing environments
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join