The purpose of this position is to support and service our customer base across the range of Analytical (primarily LC/IC/GC/GCMS) instruments. Working within our broader national Technical Service team you will be working on Thermo Fisher Scientific analytical instrumentation applications.
As this role is customer facing, you will also need to have some experience liaising with customers and have strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Install, maintain and repair Thermo Fisher Scientific's range of Analytical (primarily LC/IC/GC/GCMS) Instruments in a professional and reliable manner.
- Train customers in the routine use of Thermo Fisher Scientific's range of Analytical Instruments in a professional and reliable manner.
- Achieve minimum call turnaround for all customers.
- Achieve service revenue budget.
- Assist your sales team to achieve sales and margin (gross) targets for their designated Portfolio so that growth and performance objectives are exceeded.
- Be highly responsive and proactive in dealing with customer's needs to ensure customer satisfaction is priority.
- Carry out your employment in an efficient and commercially appropriate manner.
- Be responsible for fostering a partnership with the business Group's customers by providing them with advice and technical support that will help them gain the most from the products that we sell them.
- Perform in accordance with the AS/NZS ISO9002: 1994 Quality Standard, as detailed in the Company's Quality Manual.
- Perform to designated goals of turn-around-time, response time, repair rate and customer expectations.
- Promote and develop the Technical Service capability.
- Take ownership for customer satisfaction for services performed.
- Perform in accordance all relevant certification procedures, such as NATA, ISO.
- Manage the service process from allocation to completion, including administration of call closure and parts accounting to allow for completion of invoicing to meet service revenue.
- Tertiary qualification in a Scientific (chemistry/physics) discipline preferred.
- Understanding of chromatography and mass spec principles.
- Have driver’s license.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Microsoft office.
- Strong troubleshooting logic.
- Organisational skills with an ability to prioritise manage time effectively and meet agreed deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- A dedication and commitment towards displaying a professional and positive attitude to work.
- An individual who has the ability to work autonomously, and has an enthusiastic, energetic and positive attitude while being a supportive team player.
- Ability to create and foster meaningful and beneficial partnerships with our customers, suppliers and peers.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join