Reporting to the Senior Manager Procure to Pay EMEA, Global Business Services and based at Thermo Fisher Scientific, Life Technologies European headquarters SSC, this vacancy is for an AP Team Lead who will be responsible supporting AP reps and the daily management of their specific regional Accounts Payable functions in EMEA.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a high volume environment and delivering in an extremely service driven, customer focused environment across a diverse region, with multiple language, entity and currency requirements.
Nature and Scope:
The position interacts with all levels of personnel, both inside and outside the company, across EMEA and North America. This interaction requires excellent communication skills, judgement, tact and diplomacy with internal and external customers in troubleshooting problems and communicating status.
Effectiveness in this role necessitates a thorough working knowledge of relevant accounting systems, policies and procedures. Accuracy is a pre-requisite in performing all functions of this position. Initiative together with exceptional organisation skills are required to ensure the first rate performance, with responsibility for multiple entities across the EMEA region with a high volume of work and tight turnaround times.
Interaction with several cross functional teams will also be required – IT, Procurement, Accounting & Reporting, Customer Services, Sales, Marketing, F P & A and Internal Audit.
- Responsible for management of small team
- Responsible for management of specific entities’ AP ledgers.
- Responsible for AP month end closing process to strict deadlines.
- Responsible for driving ongoing performance improvements.
- Responsible for ensuring first class service in line with all SLAs.
- Ongoing review and update of policies, processes and procedures to ensure best practice – This includes suggesting potential new projects to management.
- Support business partners throughout the region by establishing and maintaining first class service in line with established SLAs.
- Ongoing support and guidance to the team.
- Business partnering across all entities.
- Ensure departmental KPIs are met.
- Ensure all SOX and Audit compliance requirements are met.
- People Management - ideally in an Accounts Payable or Receivables team
- Excellent Communication – Persuasive and confident combined with assertiveness, tact and diplomacy
- Risk & control awareness with inherent guardianship skills
- Ability to engage people from other teams/departments, provide guidance and keep them motivated throughout the project
- Key competencies should include pro-activeness with a drive for results.
- Languages would be an advantage
- Educated to standard grade level
- College courses or professional qualification in related field preferable
- Experience in international accounting environment with large multi-national.
- Clear understanding of accounting standards and guidelines.
- Profound knowledge of accounts payable processes and process improvement methodologies.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Proven high service orientation.
- Excellent people skills.
- Solid knowledge and experience of SAP and E1 preferred.
- Proven ability to deliver to strict deadlines.
Has contact with all level of company employees, outside agencies and consultants
Office environment – Minimal international travel may be required.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join