When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
Remotely based in Northern MA or Southern NH, the Field Service Engineer is responsible for customer support activities, with a focus on preventative and corrective maintenance of instrumentation. The successful candidate must have the ability to utilize proven troubleshooting processes to diagnose and resolve technical issues on a variety of electromechanical instruments. The ability to manage service call scheduling, parts inventory and administrative responsibilities with minimal supervision is required. Additional responsibilities include; customer relationship management, written documentation of service activities, and effective interaction and communication with internal technical support personnel, manufacturing, and sales. The Field Service Engineer will represent the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- 2-3 years of field service expereince
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent applicable related experience
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve problems on electronic and mechanical instrumentation in a scientific laboratory environment.
- Must possess basic software skills and computer literacy.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze schematics, assembly drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated and an effective team player.
- Provides periodic reports to management including compilations of customer complaints, trend analyses, and suggestions for improvement.
- Reviews available technical literature to maintain an awareness of current laboratory practices and procedures.
- Provides on-site product installation and customer training, on an as-needed basis.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift 50lbs.
- Up to 80% travel may be required to meet customer needs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Familiarity with Anatomical Pathology instrumentation.
- Experience with Laboratory Information Systems / networking instrumentation.
- Experience with optical instrumentation.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join