Daily Activities Include:
- Gathering and analyzing technical specifications
- Managing product backlog, user stories and cross-product dependencies
- Engaging with R&D teams throughout the development life cycle
- Understanding long-term product vision and roadmap, translating that into User Stories for the team
- Identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine the requirements, and communicate those requirements to the development team.
- Participating in agile activities including product demonstrations, retrospectives, backlog grooming and sprint planning
- Cross check all the requirements are met through extensive domain testing (manual)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a customer advocate and ensure quality and usability of our software
- Collaboration with globally distributed teams.
- Act as a proxy product owner bridging the gap between the actual product owners and scrum teams
- Collaborate with other engineers and product managers in the business to understand and provide input to product requirements.
- Analyze and develop domain test plans and protocols for scientific analysis software that analyses samples and runs various algorithms
- Instruct team members and other staff in test techniques and methods.
- Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Perform and coordinate QA activities such as test planning, test design, preparation of traceability matrix, test execution, test results analysis and reporting.
- Maintain excellent knowledge base of industry trends and developments.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Represent the team in cross-organizational development forums as well as requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently, Use prior knowledge and experience to provide functional and technical support and leadership to colleagues
- Participate in training and orienting new test engineers as they join the team
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Experience in Agile development
- Experience in Bioinformatics like next-generation sequencing and assay design.
- M.Sc/PhD/MS in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to review, synthesize, and present scientific data and methods.
- 6+ yrs academic or professional experience with computer programming or scripting as well as a solid understanding of modern software architecture, testing and application of BioInformatics concepts in Software development.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and a commitment to the mission of the institution.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Experience in one of the Languages: Python, Perl, Linux/Unix scripting
- Experience working within an Agile development process (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc). Agile certification is a big plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to present technical information to both business and technology teams with clarity and precision.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join