When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world. Visit us at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Job Title: Associate System Engineer
Job Location: Bangalore, India
The Associate Systems Engineer position is a technical resource within the DTD (Digital Technology and Delivery) Global Web Hosting group responsible for supporting project and maintenance of business tasks related to E-Business initiatives. Candidate must be able to setup, administer and troubleshoot micro sites and flagship sites and applications using J2EE application servers and related technologies. Candidate must be able to collaborate as part of a team that builds and integrates ecommerce sites, applications, and services for both internal and external customer.
- Perform installation, upgrade, configuration, deployment and administration of various environments.
- Reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks by automating processes.
- Resolve issues independently or in partnership with Technical Leads, Vendors, Development and Operations team in a technically complex and diverse environment.
- Participates in the Major Incident Management process to drive incident resolution to meet SLAs.
- Perform and support deployment of releases across Dev, Test, QA, Stage and Prod environments.
- Partner with the Development, QA, Architecture, and Infrastructure teams to fine tune and maintain Non Functional Requirements of eBusiness web applications for internal users and external business customers
- Partner with Information Security team to schedule vulnerability scans and maintain compliance of websites to security standards like PCI and HIPAA.
- Proactively identify and define key monitors, alerts and reports for websites to guarantee uptime and meet SLAs.
- Thoroughly document the landscapes supporting a given application or website.
- Adhere to the Change and Release Management framework ensuring zero incidents as fallout of change roll out.
- Adhere to the ITIL processes and leverage ITIL tools to facilitate service management and meet SLAs.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to facilitate support during off hours and weekends.
- Highly motivated to troubleshoot issues and adapt/adopt new technologies.
- Application Server setup and administration experience using one or more of Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, ColdFusion and WebSphere.
- Experience with Messaging systems and LDAP directory administration is a plus.
- Must have experience with Shell, AWK, Perl, WLST, Jython or Python scripting language and Regular Expressions.
- Knowledge of networking protocols like TCP/IP, NFS, LDAP, DNS, FTP, SFTP, SSH etc
- Experience with CMS Systems like Adobe CQ, Autonomy TeamSite, Vignette OpenText or Joomla
- Experience with a Search Engine like Microsoft FAST, Oracle Endeca, Apache Solr or Apache Lucene
- Experience with an eCommerce engine like IBM Commerce, SAP Hybris, Oracle ATG or IBM Comergent.
- Experience with tools like Splunk, HP Openview, Nagios, SiteScope, HP Quality Center, JIRA, Confluence, Remedy and Service Desk Manager
- Experience with Source Control Systems like Harvest, GIT, CVS, Subversion or Mercurial
- Experience with load balancing technologies like F5 BigIP or Citrix NetScalar
- Experience in Windows and Unix Operating Systems is a must. Unix Administration experience is a plus.
- Good Understanding of SDLC, IT Change Control processes, Deployment Methodologies and Application Server Life Cycle Management
- Experience with Microsoft Visio and Office suite.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities with a good understanding of diverse environments and components - Unix, Windows, database, networks, etc
- Experience in an e-business environment is a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian Tools like JIRA, Confluence and Stash is a plus.
- Experience with IIS/.Net Administration is a plus.
- Experience with Mobile Deployments is a definite plus.
- Experience with developing J2EE and Mobile applications is a plus.
- Required Bachelors Degree with 3-5 years of experience.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join